Why is quartz use in ostwalds process
Asked by prabalwkumar | 7th Jan, 2020, 05:48: PM
Quartz is acid resistant. When packed in layers, it helps in dissolving nitrogen dioxide uniformly in water.
Answered by Ramandeep | 8th Jan, 2020, 10:53: AM
- Hot,concentrated nitric acid reacts with sulphur to form
- Explain why nitric acid is kept in a reagent bottle for a long time
- give reason-lead nitrate is not used in place of nitre for the preparation of nitric acid in the laboratory
- What does sulphur produce after reacting with concentrated nitric acid ?
- Can you explain the structure of HNO3 ?
- How does aqua regia dissolves Gold and Platinum?
- Sodium nitrate heated at 200 degree celsius in presence of sodium Bisulphate
- Name the unstable brown colored chemical compound formed during brown ring test for nitrates
- Why does alcohol or saw dust burst into flames when hot conc. HNO3 is poured on it?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number