why is our hair coulour black?
Asked by Omkar | 23rd Sep, 2014, 07:09: PM
The colour of our hair depends on the concentration of melanin pigment. Melanin is of two types: eumelanin and pheomelanin. Generally, if more eumelanin is present, the colour of the hair is darker. If less eumelanin is present, the hair is lighter. Levels of melanin can vary over time causing a person's hair colour to change.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 23rd Sep, 2014, 07:23: PM
- WHAT IS PUBERTY?
- Why should the diet of an adolescent need to be carefully planned?
- Write any two ways that girls should take care of themselves during menstruation.
- Mention the myths and taboos existing in our society regarding bodily changes experienced by adolescents.
- Write any two ways how the HIV virus can be transmitted from an infected person to a healthy person.
- Give reasons:(a) It is highly essential for teenagers to take a bath everyday.(b) All teenagers should walk and play in fresh air.
- Which food products (any 2 of each) are rich in:(a) Proteins(b) Iron
- Why does the diet of adolescents need:(a) Iodine(b) Calcium(c) Iron
- Why is adolescent marriage and pregnancy not legally allowed?
- Write any three ways of personal hygiene that needs to be practiced, especially by adolescents.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number