Why is it advised not to sleep in a closed room with a burning coal fire in it?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Incomplete combustion of coal releases many poisonous gases like carbon monoxide in the environment. This carbon monoxide gas is fatal to health, can lead to coma and even death of the persons sleeping in that room.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- How can burning carbon fuels cause respiratory diseases such as asthma?
- How can burning of fuels lead to air pollution?
- How can burning of fuels cause an increase in the temperature of earth leading to global warming?
- How can increase in temperature caused due to burning of fuels be harmful to earth?
- Why is the use of petrol and diesel as fuels in automobiles replaced by CNG?
- (i) Name the suffocating gas produced by burning of diesel.(ii) Name the fuel which is used in automobiles in place of diesel and petrol.(iii) Name two chemicals responsible for acid rain.
- (i) Write two harmful effects of acid rain. (ii) Which industry is the main source of gaseous pollutants like sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide?
- (i) For centuries wood was used as domestic and industrial fuel. But now it has been replaced by other fuels. Why? (ii) What is responsible for destroying the beauty of the Taj?
- (i) How can burning of fuel cause acid rain? (ii) How can burning of petrol and diesel be responsible for reducing the visibility of air?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number