Why is adolescent marriage and pregnancy not legally allowed?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 29th Jul, 2016, 09:49: AM
Adolescent marriage and pregnancy is not legally allowed due to the following reasons:
(i) Early marriage and motherhood cause health problems in the mother and the child.
(ii) Teenage mothers are not prepared mentally or physically for motherhood.
(iii) Early marriage and motherhood also curtails employment opportunities for the young woman and may cause mental agony as she is not ready for responsibilities of motherhood
Answered by | 29th Jul, 2016, 11:49: AM
- WHAT IS PUBERTY?
- Why should the diet of an adolescent need to be carefully planned?
- Write any two ways that girls should take care of themselves during menstruation.
- Mention the myths and taboos existing in our society regarding bodily changes experienced by adolescents.
- Write any two ways how the HIV virus can be transmitted from an infected person to a healthy person.
- Give reasons:(a) It is highly essential for teenagers to take a bath everyday.(b) All teenagers should walk and play in fresh air.
- Which food products (any 2 of each) are rich in:(a) Proteins(b) Iron
- Why does the diet of adolescents need:(a) Iodine(b) Calcium(c) Iron
- Write any three ways of personal hygiene that needs to be practiced, especially by adolescents.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number