Why iron is used in armature in elactric bell
Asked by Prajwaalsgowda | 18th Mar, 2019, 09:24: PM
There is no armature present in electric bell. There is a solenoid (electromagnets) in which we use soft iron for its core.
The reason behind this is soft iron is ferromagnetic in nature which means in presence of external magnetic field all their molecules align themselves in the direction of magnetic field which increases the net effect of solenoids.
Answered by Ankit K | 19th Mar, 2019, 08:35: AM
- Which among iron and mercury is a better conductor?
- please solve ques e (i) part
- what is meant by polarity
- Two circular loop of radii 10cm and 40cm carries current of 1A and 2A respectively. Find the ratio of magnitude of magnetic field at their centres
- Why iron is used in armature in elactric bell
- how does no of times a coil rotated is affected by position of magnet
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number