WHY IN GOLDSTEENS EXPERIMENT GOLD FOIL IS USED
ALUMUNIUM FOIL NOT USED
Asked by Sudhanshu Shridhar | 22nd May, 2015, 10:41: PM
Gold foil is used because,
1) To acheive reasonable penetration the foil needed to be very thin.
2) Gold is extremely malleable so that can be converted into very thin sheet as required.
3) It is inert.
4) Other high density elements such as osmium, iridium are rare and platinum is costlier than gold.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 23rd May, 2015, 11:06: PM
- Lewis structure are similar to______
- why OOH bond angles in H2O2 is more in solid phases than gas phase
- Draw the two stereoisomers of 1,3-dibromocyclobutane Refer to the structure below to answer the following questions: 4. Which of the labeled bonds in the structure are equatorial bonds? 5. Which of the labeled bonds are trans to bond b? 6. Which labeled bonds have a 1,3-diaxial interaction with each other?
- Are CH3- and CH3+ iso-structural pairs? Why??
- Name two species which have tetrahedral shape.
- Why does the pair of electrons in the valence shell repel each other?
- What is the dipole moment and geometry of H2 and CO2 molecule?
- Give examples of the compounds which show AB5 and AB6 geometry.
- A compound A has 4 pairs of electrons around the central atom and makes an angle of 109o28'. Draw the shape of the compound.
- MgCl2 is a linear molecule while SnCl2 is angular.Explain.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number