Why does the diet of adolescents need:
Asked by Topperlearning User | 29th Jul, 2016, 09:49: AM
(a) Iodine helps to prevent thyroid gland related diseases.
(b) Due to an increase in skeletal mass, the adolescent diet should include calcium. Calcium intake needs to be increased to prevent osteoporosis in later life.
(c) To compensate for iron deficiency due to muscle spurt in boys and menstruation as well as muscle spurt in girls, the diet of adolescents need iron rich diet. Lack of iron in the diet results in anemia.
Answered by | 29th Jul, 2016, 11:49: AM
- WHAT IS PUBERTY?
- Why should the diet of an adolescent need to be carefully planned?
- Write any two ways that girls should take care of themselves during menstruation.
- Mention the myths and taboos existing in our society regarding bodily changes experienced by adolescents.
- Write any two ways how the HIV virus can be transmitted from an infected person to a healthy person.
- Give reasons:(a) It is highly essential for teenagers to take a bath everyday.(b) All teenagers should walk and play in fresh air.
- Which food products (any 2 of each) are rich in:(a) Proteins(b) Iron
- Why is adolescent marriage and pregnancy not legally allowed?
- Write any three ways of personal hygiene that needs to be practiced, especially by adolescents.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number