Why does papaya look yellow and edible part of water melon red?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 30th Sep, 2016, 02:13: PM
Papayas are yellow due to the presence of carotene and xanthophyll pigments present in the chromoplasts of the fruit pulp.
Watermelon is red due to the anthocyanins pigment present in the chromoplasts in the tissue.
Answered by | 30th Sep, 2016, 04:13: PM
- What is plasma membrane
- Difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell
- Mitosis &meiosis
- Name the cell organelles which are present exclusively in animal cells...
- differance between plant cell and animal cell
- tell the diffrence and similarities of the cell wall of plant and fungi.
- what is the functions of the cell wall
- What is mitosis and miosis
- Brifely define the CELL : basic unit of life and their components, oragenells ,their funtion
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number