why do silver articles turn black when kept in open for a few days?
Asked by monicka.sagar | 21st Jul, 2019, 11:47: AM
Silver article turns black when kept in the air because silver reacts with sulphur compounds such as hydrogen sulphide (H2S) present in air and forms silver sulphide.
The phenomenon is called corrosion. For silver particularly, it is called tarnishing of silver.
Answered by Varsha | 21st Jul, 2019, 01:15: PM
- Balance the equation?
- Why all oxidation reactions are not combustion reaction..?
- 10g of hydrogen is brunt in the presence of excess oxygen . The mass of water formed is
- what is skeletal chemical equation
- more explaination about electrolysis withn more than 3-4 .
- Anu and Anita want to prepare dilute H2SO4 Anu added concentrated H2SO4 into water with constant sterling and cooling whereas Anita added water to concentrated H2SO4.Name the student who was correct and why?
- what is the difference between physical meapns and chemical means.
- why sun getting the colour of orange
- Give three differences between respiration and combustion ans is not visible ?
- Sun and star shine in sky because of
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number