why do cut vegetables take up a brown colouration when exposed to air
Asked by arajeevshashank | 12th Nov, 2017, 08:48: PM
Vegetables contains some amount of iron in them.
when they exposed to air the oxygen present in the air is oxidises the iron present in the vegetables and fruits and forms brown coloured oxides .
Therefore when vegetables exposed to air they change their colour to brown as iron oxide is brown in colour.
Answered by Varsha | 12th Nov, 2017, 10:39: PM
- vinegar and lime water mixture observation
- What are Physical and Chemical changes?
- what is Kelvin scale
- Explain the following with reasons:  a. Formation of clouds is a physical change. b. Melting of butter to make ghee is a chemical change.
- When coal burns it possess a change. a) Which type of change is it? Give reasons in support of your answer. b) What is the reactant here? c) Name the products
- what is physical and chemical changes
- what is chemical change
- if keep the biscuits in cooler area it will become soft but if biscuits keep in refrigerator it will not become soft. why?
- physical change and chemical change
- how to learn equation
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number