Why cubic unit cell cannot possess end-centred closed packing?? and what is the highest possible symmetry of this type?
Asked by vaish.agrawal | 26th Apr, 2015, 09:17: AM
In order to have end centered closed packing structure unit cell must possess vectors a≠b≠c, which is absent in case of cubic unit cell due to this cubic unit cell cannot possess end-centred closed packing. The highest symmetry possible for an end centered unit cell is tetragonal.
Answered by Arvind Diwale | 29th Apr, 2015, 10:51: AM
- The unit cell of Na is bcc and its density is 0.97. What is the radius of a sodium atom if the molar mass of Na is 23?
- explain please
- pls solve sir
- How many types of 3dimensions are there in a lattice please define.
- sir in types of unit cell we studied it can be of 4 types i.e primitive, face centred, body centred and end centred, but while studing 3D close packing it was told that it can be of 3 types i,e. simple(primitive) cubic unit cell, hcp and ccp. but i am not able to understand that hcp is a type of unit cell or it is one of the 7 crystal system or somthing else?and if it is type of unit cell then why it is not taught under the topic types of unit cell. and if it is a crystal system then what about the rest 6 crystal system, then why rest 6 crystal system does not comes under 3 dimensional close packing?
- In a cubic lattice A atoms having FCC arrangement B atoms are at body centers and C atoms are at alternate edge centers . The formula of the unit cell will be ;
- The number of c4 and c3- axes in a cubic crystal lattice are x and y respectively the value of x+y= a] 2 b] 7
- Hexagonal close packing and cubic close packing
- Analysis shows that nickel oxide has the formula ni 0.98 o1.00. What fractions of nickel exist as ni 2+ and ni 3+ ions?
- What kind of symmetry is exhibited by the macth box?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number