Why aves and Mammalia have 4 chamber heart
Asked by abhagupta7880 | 17th Feb, 2019, 10:23: AM
Birds and mammals are warm-blooded animals and maintain a constant body temperature by cooling themselves when they are in a hotter environment and vice versa. So, for respiration to carry out, more eoxygen is required. So, an efficient system of heart is required to separate the oxygenated and deoxygenated blood to carry out proper functioning of the circulatory system which in turn is linked to respiratory system too. So, the four chambered heart is an efficient design that allows to send "dirty" blood to the the lungs-and "clean" blood to the rest of the body without having to mix the two.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 17th Feb, 2019, 12:02: PM
- Is whale protochordata or vertribrata
- Why do only some birds fly??
- All birds have wings then why Bird like peacock cannot fly
- What is phylum chordata
- How is the heart of a frog different from the heart of a dog?
- Vertebrates are grouped into how many classes?
- Presence of spiral valve in stomach is the characteristic feature of which class?
- What are the characters possessed by vertebrates?
- Give one example of each:i. Reptile with four-chambered heart ii. Flightless birdiii. Cartilaginous fish iv. Egg-laying mammal
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number