Why are the glasses of the car sometimes coloured?
Asked by apramanik | 22nd Jul, 2019, 09:18: PM
The glasses of the car are transparent and allow the heat from the outside to enter inside the car and raise the temperature. In order to prevent the outside heat from entering inside the car, the glasses of the car are coloured. Due to the coloured window panes, the intensity of the light is reduced and thus gives less stress on the eyes. The coloured glasses of the car can typically cut down 78% of heat coming through the windows and thus can reduce the units consumed by air conditionerin cooling the inside of the car.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 24th Jul, 2019, 03:41: PM
- Why do soap bubbles sometimes colourful?
- What is dispersion of light?
- What is a spectrum?
- In which direction does a ray of light bend while emerging out of a prism?
- Why do different colours of light refract at different angles in the formation of a spectrum?
- Draw a diagram to show the splitting of white light into seven colours on passing through a prism.
- Which color light bends the most and which the least while passing through a prism?
- How many colours are there in white light? Name the various colours of white light.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number