Why a fuse should be joined with the live wire and not with the neutral wire in a domestic circuit?
Asked by Amrit | 30th Aug, 2015, 12:56: PM
The domestic circuit is constructed such that the power comes from the supplier to the home via live wire and it returns back via the neutral wire.
So, the fuse has to be connected with the live wire as any overloading will not reach the appliance and prevent it from getting damaged. The fuse will be destroyed and the appliance will be protected.
If fuse is connected across the neutral wire, then overloading will damage the appliance.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 30th Aug, 2015, 06:17: PM
- explain faradays experiment of magnet and coil.
- What is an electromagnet AMD what it consist of
- electro magnet is made up of which core
- what is the need to convert dynamo to ac
- name the physical quantities for electromagnetic induction
- An atom has electronic configuration 2,8,7.
- name the device in which a current carrying conductor and magnetic field are used
- 1) What is the principle of solar heating devices? 2)How AC generator can be converted into DC?
- Difference between ac and dc generator
- What is electro magnetic induction?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number