Asked by tandonyashika | 25th Jun, 2018, 10:02: PM
- Incomplete dominance is the phenomenon where none of the two contrasting alleles or factors is dominant.
- The expression of the character in a hybrid or F1 individual is intermediate or a fine mixture of the expression of the two factors.
- Incomplete dominance is an example of quantitative inheritance where only a single gene pair is involved.
- The phenotypic ratio of offspring in F2 generation is 1:2:1 which is similar to genotypic ratio.
Example of Incomplete Dominance
- In Mirabilis jalapa (Four O’ Clock plant) and Antirrhinum majus (Snapdragon plant), there are two types of flowers, red and white.
- When the two types of plants are crossed, the hybrids of F1 generation bear pink flowers.
- When the F1 hybrids are selfed, we obtain three types of plants of F2 generation; one with red flowers, one with pink flowers and one with white flowers in the ratio of 1:2:1.
- The appearance of pink colour is either due to mixing of red and white colours or the expression of a single gene for pigmented flower which produces only pink colour.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 28th Jun, 2018, 02:52: PM
- Please find the question in the picture.
- In a Maize plant, the height of plant with genotype AABB is 40cm & date of plant with genotype AaBb 30cm then the height of plant with genotype aabb will be
- Is there any limitations of dihybrid cross?
- Describe the steps or procedure of mendels experiment with suitable example
- Mention all the Gamate produced from AaBbCcDe?And Name them
- Mention the gamates produced from genotype AaBbCcDd?
- In an organism, pink spot is a sex-linked recessive trait and black hair heterozygous female is mated to a white male which is not spotted, the phenotypic ratio of the offspring would be (1) 1/4 spotted black; 1/4 pink spotted white; 1/4 unspotted black; 1/4 unspotted white (2) 1/2 pink spotted black; 1/2 pink spotted white (3) 3/4 pink spotted black; 1/4 pink spotted white (4) 3/4 unspotted black; 1/4 pink spotted white
- If in a test cross, equal number of round yellow seeded plants and wrinkled yellow seeded plants are obtained, what is the genotype of the plant ? (1) RRYY (2) RrYY (3) RrYy (4) RRYy
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number