who are the poineers of chipko movement?What was its impact & importance?
Asked by | 8th Mar, 2008, 07:35: PM
Mr. Sunderlal Bahugana was the pioneer of Chipko movement. The Chipko Andolan also called the ‘Hug the trees movement’ was organized to stop the destruction of forests. It describes that how much village people love and hug to the trees. It is most important for the villagers to save the trees from felling. It interposes their bodies between them and the contractor's axes.
Answered by | 13th Dec, 2017, 04:23: PM
- What is meant by sustainable development?
- what is natural resource
- does money plant produce seeds?if no why
- What is botanical name of edible mushroom?
- what is sustainable management?environmentalists insist on sustainable resource management.state its advantage
- Define the term conservation.
- Name the movement that was started to prevent deforestation.
- What is the main purpose of formation of sanctuaries?
- Mention any two effects of deforestation.
- Why should we conserve resources like coal and petroleum?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number