While standing on a marble floor

Asked by sharmistha.panda | 23rd May, 2013, 09:12: AM

Expert Answer:

No, if you are standing on a marble and there is no metallic grounding through the floor, you will not encounter a fatal shock on touching a charged electrical appliance. This is because marble is a bad conductor of electricity and hence, current is not able to pass through the human body down into the ground. Due to this, the electric circuit is not complete and hence, current doesn't flow and no you will not experience any shock. 

Answered by  | 24th May, 2013, 01:20: AM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.