WHICH ORGANELLE IS THE MOST PROMINENT AND IMPORTANT STRUCTURE IN A CELL,& ALSO ACTS AS THE CONTROL CENTRE OF THE CELL & WHY? WHICH STRUCTURE OF ANIMAL CELLS FORMS THE ASTER OF SPINDLE?
Asked by Asmita | 16th Aug, 2015, 09:19: PM
Nucleus is the most prominent and important structure in a cell. It acts as the control centre of the cell because of the following reasons:
- It regulates cell functions.
- It regulates the cell cycle.
- It contains chromosomes, made of genes, which control hereditary characteristics.
- The cell dies in the absence of nucleus.
Centrosome present in animal cells forms the aster of a spindle.
- It contains one or two centrioles.
- Centrioles are surrounded by radiating microtubules to form an aster.
- Centrosome initiates and regulates cell division.
- It forms spindle fibres with the help of asters.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 17th Aug, 2015, 10:37: AM
- Why is endoplasmic reticulum considered as a supportive framework of the cell ?
- Describe the structure and function of stomata?
- Difference between meisos and mitosis
- Can you help me to solve the match the following.
- what are Golgi apparatus I didn't understand it
- what is rough endoplasmic reticulm
- what is endoplasmic rectilum
- What is difference between plastids and mitochondria
- Why is mitocondria called the power house of the cell
- Explain the structure of chloroplast
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number