Which one among alcohols and phenols are more acidic and why?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 7th Jun, 2016, 03:12: PM
Phenoxide is better stabilized than phenol as it carries only a negative charge and phenol has a strong tendency to form more stable phenoxide ion by the release of proton.
Answered by | 7th Jun, 2016, 05:12: PM
- Phenol is less acidic than a. ethanol b. o-nitrophenol c. o-methylphenol d. o-methoxyphenol
- sir/madam pls help me to answer both the questions plssss......
- C6H6O + CO2 + NaOH --
- Pl ans sir ...
- How phenol is used in the manufacture of drugs like aspirin?
- State the general uses of phenol.
- Write a short note on Reimer Tiemann reaction.
- What happens when phenol is heated with phthalic anhydride in presence of conc. H2SO4?
- How can you get p-cresol from Phenol?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number