Which of the following is unstable? Why?
Asked by arpitt682 | 17th Dec, 2019, 10:52: AM
When an unstable nucleus contains more neutrons than protons a neutron change into a proton by emitting an electron. This emitted electron is called beta particle and process is known as beta emission.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 17th Dec, 2019, 06:34: PM
- Give at least two differences between chemical change and nuclear change
- Which particles (alpha,beta or gamma)is concerned with carbon dating?
- Define radioactive decay [2 mark]
- What precautions should be taken while holding radioactive substances ? Why copper cannot beused as a fuse wire ?
- Explain how beta particle are used to produce x rays.
- Explain carbon dating elaborately.Which particles are used for it?
- State whether(a) atomic number,and (b) mass number are conserved in a radioactive beta decay..
- An element S decays to R (A= 222, Z= 85) after emitting 2 alpha particles and 1 beta particle. Find the atomic numbes ans atomic mass of element S.
- What is the difference between alpha particles and Helium ion?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number