Which of the following is broad spectrum antibiotic?EXPAIN
Asked by Sunil Soni | 27th Apr, 2016, 11:09: PM
Chloramphenicol is a broad-spectrum antibiotic which stops bacterial growth by stopping the production of proteins. An antibiotic that is effective against a wide range of infectious microorganisms which includes both gram positive and gram negative bacteria is called as a Broad spectrum antibiotic.
Whereas, ampicillin is a semi-synthetic penicillin with an additional amino chain synthesized onto the penicilin molecule.
Answered by Hanisha Vyas | 28th Apr, 2016, 11:56: AM
- Do I have to remember structures of drugs lekin histamine,cimetidine etc for boards exam .they are very complex
- What is the full form of anti-oxidants --- BHA BHT
- how is organic chemistry useful in our daily life or further....???? and i need some tips on how to study organic chemistry and what are the key points to remember in it........plsss help i am student of topperlearning.....
- a human body requires .01cactivity of a radioactive substance for 24 hrs . half life of radioactive substance is 6 hours . then injection of maximum activity of radioactivity of radioactive substance can be ?
- What is the name given to the medicine used for getting relief from pain?
- What are receptors and how are they different from enzymes?
- What are enzyme inhibitors?
- What are receptors?
- Explain the role of receptors as drug target? How the receptor receives the chemical messenger?
- How substrate binds to the active site of the enzyme?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number