which of the following element will produce oxide which are acidic in nature? A)carbon B)calcium C)magnesium D)copper when a vessel is exposed to moist air, it forms green coating on the surface. The vessel must be made of A)zinc B)copper C)magnesium D)iron
Asked by nmsnirajsheth | 22nd Oct, 2017, 06:58: PM
Acidic oxide are complex chemical substances which forms a salt with chemical reaction with bases or basic oxides and it do not react with acids or acidic oxides.
In this case oxides of calcium and magnesium are basic in nature and oxides of copper are amphoteric in nature.
only oxides of carbon are acidic.
second question you asked is related to corrosion.
copper forms a green deposite of basic copper carbonate, when exposed to moist air.
Answered by Ramandeep | 23rd Oct, 2017, 10:01: AM
- What is noble metal
- If dilute sulfuric acid is poured on a copper plate
- (i) Name the metal which reacts with water only when it is red hot and steam is passed over it. (ii) Write the chemical equation involved.
- (i) How do non-metals react with acids? (ii) Which gas is emitted when metals react with acids?
- Which property of non-metals is employed in protecting some highly reactive non-metals which quickly react in air?
- (a) What happens when calcium reacts with cold water?(b) Why does calcium metal starts floating in water after the reaction?
- Why do we get a popping sound when we bring a burning stick near the mouth of test tube containing acids and metals?
- A metal with silvery appearance is slowly tarnished in air. It reacts with boiling water and evolves hydrogen gas. Dilute hydrochloric acid reacts vigorously with metal evolving hydrogen gas. (i)Identify the metal and (ii) Also write the reactions involved.
- (i)Which metal reacts with hot boiling water to give metal hydroxide and with steam to give metal oxide. (ii)Write the chemical equations involved.
- Write the equations for the reactions of: (i) Iron with dilute hydrochloric acid. (ii) Aluminium with dilute hydrochloric acid (iii) Gold with dilute hydrochloric acid
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number