which of the '3d series' element is not considered as transitional element and why?
Asked by | 27th Feb, 2008, 03:08: PM
Zinc as it has completely filled d orbitals so it does not show properties of transition elements.
Answered by | 7th Dec, 2017, 08:51: PM
- i need easy notes for chapter group 18 and d block of class 12
- Why are zinc,cadmium,mercury not considered in transition elements?
- Write down the three series of the transition metals.
- Write down the electronic configuration of Mn.
- Give the names of two series of inner transition metals.
- Define transition elements.
- Why the d-block elements are called transition elements?
- Why the 4s orbitals fill prior to 3d orbitals?
- Silver atom has completely filled d orbitals (4d10) in its ground state. How can you say that it is a transition element?
- Why scandium (Z = 21) is a transition element but zinc (Z = 30) is not?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number