Which has a higher boiling point I2 or Br2?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 17th Jun, 2016, 11:24: AM
I2 has a higher boiling point than Br2. The atomic weights of Br and I are 80 and 127 respectively. Since I2 has higher molecular weight, it has stronger London dispersion forces so it has a higher boiling point than Br2.
Answered by | 17th Jun, 2016, 01:24: PM
- The vapour density of a gas at 25 degree centigrade is 25.What will be its Vapour density at 50 degree centigrade?Explain.
- What factors are responsible for the existence of matter in three states?
- How gases can be liquefied?
- Convert 25oC into Kelvin scale.
- Convert 120 Fahrenheit into Celsius scale.
- Out of fluorine and nitrogen monoxide which one has the higher melting and boiling points? Explain.
- Which should have a lower boiling point H2O or H2S?
- What is the SI unit of temperature?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number