Which appliance consumes more energy: a 100 watt electric bulb or a 150 watt electric iron in a minute?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Power = Energy consumed / Time taken
So Energy consumed = power x time
1) Energy consumed by bulb = 100 W x 60s = 6000 J
2) Energy consumed by electric iron = 150 W x 60s = 9000 J
Thus, an electric iron consumes more energy.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- When do we say that work is done ?
- What is potential energy,kinetical energy,power?
- what is conservation of energy? Explain with an example example.
- explain how energy is conserved in a simple pendulum
- a body of mass 5 kg is thrown vertically upward with a velocity of 20 metre per second find 1- initial kinetic energy 2-kinetic energy and potential energy after 1 second( given g =10 /s^2)
- ANOBJECT OF MASS 40KG IS RAISED AT A HEIGHT OF 5M ABOVE THE GROUND . WHATIS ITS POTENTIAL ENERGY ? IF THE OBJECT IS ALLOWED TO FALL FIND ITS KINETIC ENERGY WHEN IT IS HALF WAY DOWN?
- According to the law of conservation of energy, energy can neither be created not be destroyed but it can transfer from one person to other! But when a labour is working he uses his all energy in work but when he ate food he again gets energy ! This means energy can be created and can be destroyed
- State law of conservation of energy ? Show that the energy of a free falling object is conserved
- When we burst a cracker, is it correct to say that the chemical energy of crackers get used up or are destroyed as we are left with just ashes after bursting cracker?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number