where it will profitable to buy one kilogram sugar?
ans.. but according to me
at poles it is best to buy one kilogram sugar because the value of g is greater at equator then at poles
but accoording to you the answer is
Asked by ujjwalviky2003 | 26th Oct, 2017, 07:47: PM
- In simple words, profit is paying less for more.
- Distance from the centre of the Earth to the poles is 6,356 km whereas from any point on the equator is 6,378 km.
- Acceleration due to gravity (g) is inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the body and the centre of the earth.
- Due to lesser distance from the poles, the 'g' is around 0.5 % more at the poles when compared to 'g' at equators.
- Increase in 'g' at poles will increase the weight (w=mg)
- So 1 kg of your sugar at the equator will be weighed as more than 1 kg at the poles.
- This will result in increasing the costing of the sugar which will apparently, be more than 1 kg at poles.
- The sugar particles in the package won't increase, its measure on the weighing scale will, due to which it will be priced at a higher value at the poles.
- Thus it is profitable to buy sugar or any other commodity at the equators as you will pay for its actual weight and not for it apparently increased weight due to variation of 'g' in 'w'.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 26th Oct, 2017, 10:37: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number