where is sporopollenin present in plants? state its significance with reference to its chemical nature.
Asked by jahnavisharma15807 | 9th Dec, 2018, 08:49: PM
Sporopollenin is present in exine of pollen/pollen grain.The significance is that it can withstand high temperature and strong acids and alkali. It cannot be degraded by enzymes ultimately helps in preservation of pollen grain
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 9th Dec, 2018, 09:48: PM
- what is callose
- why are night blooming flowers generally white in colour?
- Explain how self pollination is favoured in cleistogamous flower
- mention two strategies evolved to prevent self pollination?
- Assertion :- In sun-flower family petals are modified in to pappus. Reason :- Pappus helps in dispersal of flower.
- what is callose?is callose present around the generative nucleus in microspore?
- pollen grains are haploid k but y
- if megasporangium :: ovule then microsporangium :: ?
- Differentiate between geitonogamy and xenogamy.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number