When we will come to know that whether we have to find hcf or lcm?
Asked by shanayakhatter27 | 28th Jun, 2019, 11:59: PM
When we have to find the highest number that can divide the given set of numbers, then we have to find HCF.
Arranging 6 math books and 10 science books (seperately) on the self such that their height is same.
here we need to divide the books equally amongst the rows, that means we need to find highest number that can divide both 6 and 10, so HCF.
When we have to find the smallest number that can be divided by all the given set of numbers, then we find LCM.
A bell rings every 18 seconds, another every 60 seconds. At 5.00 pm the two ring simultaneously. At what time will the bells ring again at the same time?
Here we have to find the lowest number that be divisible both by 18 and 60, so LCM.
Answered by Arun | 29th Jun, 2019, 10:07: AM
- Find the largest positive integer that will divide the 389 436 542 leaving remainder 7 11 15 respectively
- after how many decimals places will the decimal expansion of the rational number 14587/250 terminate
- What is the characteristic properties of one ? What is the general form of q when decimal expansion of p/q is terminating ? What is the general form of q when decimal expansion of p/q is non-terminating &reccuring ? Write the steps to solve a quadrati equation by the method of completing the square. What is the formula to find LCM & HCF of p,q,r,when p,q,r are given.
- Write whether 301/16 * 875 iss terminating or non terminating decimal expansion. Also write its decimsl form
- The decimal expansion of the rational number 14587/1250 will terminate after how many decimal places ?
- write the number of zeroes in the end of a number whose prime factorization is 2x2x5x5x5x3x3x17
- why 1 is not consider as prime number.
- Find the hcf of smallest prime number and smallest composite number
- Using fundamental theorem of arithmetic find the hcf of 26 ,52 and 91
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number