When we pour water in a bottle having holes, what will come out from the holes. What will happen if we close the cap of the bottle?
Asked by Shawn | 11th Sep, 2015, 11:15: AM
When water is poured in a bottle having holes, some of the water will start coming out of the holes as air exerts pressure from the top of the bottle.
More water will pour from holes at the bottom then at the top as pressure increases with depth.
Now, when the top is closed, there is no air pressure from the top. The air pressure from outside the bottle will hold the water inside it and will not let the water drip from the holes.
Initially some drops may come out but if the holes are small enough, after some time the water will stop coming out of the holes in the bottle.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 11th Sep, 2015, 11:57: AM
- 5 applications on atmospheric pressure
- State the characteristics of liquid pressure?
- A nail has 2metre square at one end,1/100m^2 and at the other end. a force of 1000g. weight is applied on the first end calculate the pressure avthing on the wall? Value of g=10m/sec^2
- How vaccum can be created on Earth
- why does a truck have more wheels
- Why does sponge float but rubber block sinks?
- difference between force and pressure
- 1 Pascal
- how we can reduce the pressure exerted by the liqiuds on the container ?show it by some practical experiment
- wooden planks are kept under railway trucks.why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number