When red light goes from air to water. What will be it's colour in water
Asked by nareshkumar | 19th Oct, 2017, 01:09: PM
In very pure water or in a bucket of tap water in the house, it will look same but
if you consider for oceans the red light will get absorbed.
All red, orange, yellow, green etc longer wavelength gets absorbed
and that is why most of the ocean appear blue.
Answered by Gajendra | 5th Dec, 2017, 07:10: PM
- Show that the angle of deviation will be minimum when a light ray passes through a prism symmetrically.
- What is a prism?
- What is the difference in refraction through a prism and refraction through a glass slab?
- Calculate the deviation produced by a prism of angle 8 degree, for a material of refractive index 1.5.
- Define dispersion.
- What causes the phenomenon of dispersion?
- Can we combine two prism? If yes what is the purpose?
- Calculate the angular dispersion produced by a prism of angle 6 degree, if the refractive indices of material of prism for blue and green colours are 1.664 and 1.655.
- Define dispersive power and derive its formula.
- State the factor on which the dispersive power of a prism depends?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number