When light from free space bends towards normal, on hitting a surface, then what should be its refractive index (rho) ? Is rho > 1, rho < 1 or rho =½? Justify your answer.
Asked by pdcavita | 20th Dec, 2017, 05:38: PM
Refractive index should be greater than one
This is because angle of refraction is less than angle of incidence so the ratio of sin(i)/ sin(r) is greater than 1
Answered by Gajendra | 21st Dec, 2017, 11:30: AM
- define the term ohm meter
- (a) Why do copper or aluminium wires generally used for electrical transmission and distribution purposes ? (b) Two wires, one of copper and other of manganin, have equal lengths and equal resistances. Which wire is thicker ? Given that resistivity of copper is lower than that of manganin.
- What is Ohm's Law
- definition of potential difference
- what is swich
- the effective resistance between A and D in the circuit
- what is electricity
- If the voltmeter reads 0.2 V and the ammeter reads 0.101A, the resistance of the voltmeter is (in ohm) 2 A A
- What is resistance?
- I is directly proportional to V,then V is also proportional to l (is it true)
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number