When does the gold mining company recognise its revenue?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 9th Jun, 2016, 12:29: PM
Revenue is considered to have been realised when a transaction has been entered into and the obligation to receive the amount has been established.
The business deals with standard products which are sold in a structured market at a price and can be determined at any particular point of time i.e. gold mining revenue is recognised in the accounting period during which the gold is mined. Hence, the gold mining company recognises its revenue on completion of production.
Answered by | 9th Jun, 2016, 02:29: PM
- What do you mean by dual aspect concept?
- From the following transactions, briefly explain the dual aspects of each transaction: Capital introduced Rs. 5,00,000 Loan taken Rs. 3,00,000
- What is the fundamental accounting equation?
- From the following transactions, briefly explain the dual aspects of every transaction: Stock ofRs. 170,000 purchased from the supplier Assets ofRs. 225,000 purchased
- Briefly explain the revenue realisation concept with an example.
- A business organisation received an advance amount in January, 2016 for the sale made in May, 2016. When will be the revenue recognised?
- What do you understand by matching concept in accounting?
- What does full disclosure concept mean in accounting?
- According to the cost concept, what is to be included in the purchase price of the asset?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number