when a person places the hand over a warm fire heat transfer takes place by the process of
Asked by sajal2402 | 8th Oct, 2018, 06:17: PM
When a person places his hand over the When a person places his hand above the bonfire the heat to his hand is transferred by the process of convection. However, the heat transferred to the surrounding by bonfire is due to the process of radiation.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 8th Oct, 2018, 06:48: PM
- what is land breeze?
- If air is a bad conductor of heat, why do we not feel warm without clothes?
- (i) What is difference between conduction and convection?(ii) It is hotter at the same distance over the top of a fire than it is on the side of it. Why?
- Why should air coolers be kept higher up in the room, and not down like the heaters?
- Why room heaters should be placed at the floor of the room?
- (i) Why do freezers in freeze are always at top?(ii) Why does hot air rise and cold air sink?
- Why does hot air rise and cold air sink?
- (i) How does the convection current form?(ii) A hot utensil kept away from the flame cools down. How?
- How do ocean currents form?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number