"Whem a soft iron bar is introduced inside a current carrying solenoid, the magnetic field inside the solenoid will increase." Why??
Asked by Saunak Mukherjee | 14th May, 2014, 12:29: PM
Iron is highly ferromagnetic material. Hence, it allows maximum number of field lines to pass through it.
When current carrying solenoid is taken, it produces its own magnetic field inside and outside the solenoid.
When a soft iron bar/core is placed inside the solenoid, it magnetizes the iron bar thereby increasing the strength of the magnetic field inside the solenoid.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 15th May, 2014, 10:07: AM
- describe an activity to plot the magnetic field around a straight current carrying conductor
- if the current is flowing in the diretioning of magnetic field lines
- what is magnet
- Please answer
- What is a positive test charge?
- what is ampere swimming rule
- what is a magnetic field
- With the help of a diagram of experimental setup describe an activity to show that the force acting on a current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field increases with increase in field strength.
- describe an activity to show magnetic field lines around a current carrying circular conductor
- All questions
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number