whats a difference between change of momentum and rate of change of momentum
Asked by disha2.bhardwaj | 29th Jun, 2015, 01:30: PM
Change in momentum of a body is defined as the change in the product of mass and velocity of the body.
It is given as:
Change in momemtum, Δp=Δ(mv)
The change in the product can be due to either the change in mass or due to change in velocity or both.
The rate in change of momentum of a body is equal to the product of mass of an object and acceleartion produced in it due to the force acting on the body provided that the mass of the object remains constant.
It is given as:
Rate of change of momentum = mass × acceleration
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 15th Dec, 2017, 07:07: PM
- Questions 23-25 are based on the information given below. Read the information and answer the questions that follow:A bob of mass ‘m’ is suspended by a string, g be the acceleration due to gravity the bob.When the bob is stationary, the tension ‘T’ in the string is T=mg.When the bob is pulled up with an acceleration ‘a’ the tension in the string is given by T= m (g + a)When the bob is allowed to move down with an acceleration ‘a’, the tension T in the string is given byT= m (g –a)
- Define 2nd law of motion
- Which of the following events does not depend upon Newton 's third law of motion? a]flying of a bird b]Catching of a cricket ball c]walking on the ground d]recoil of a gun
- A certain amount of force produces an acceleration of 8 M/S2 square on an object of mass 750 gram what would be the mass of another object on which the same force produces an acceleration of 12m/S2 there what acceleration this force produced if the two bodies are tied together
- a car of mass 800g is travelling with a velocity of 20m/s . when the brakes are applied. it stops after travelling a distance of 8m.find the retarding force and retardation
- a body of mass 5kg starts and roll down 32m of aninclined plane in 4sec,find the force acting on the body
- Why we don't hurt when we jump on muddy floor compared to hard floor
- A 4 kg block on an inclined plane is acted upon by a horizontal force of 40N as shown in the figure (please refer the image attached). The coefficient of kinetic friction between the block and the plane is 0.3. What is the acceleration of the block if it is moving up the plane?(sin37° = 0.6) A) 1.6 m/s^2 up along the plane B) 1.6 m/s^2 down the plane C) 2 m/s^2 up along the plane D) 2 m/s^2 down the plane
- Why does a fielder pull his arms back while trying to catch a cricket ball?
- Give relationship between force and acceleration.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number