What type of a lens is formed by an air bubble inside water ?

Asked by Aayusha Maharana | 23rd May, 2012, 05:13: PM

Expert Answer:

The answer is that an air bubble in water would be diverging lens, because the index of refraction of air is less than that of water. It be be exactly the same if you think of anconcave lens made of glass. Light exiting the lens and into the air would diverge. That's why concave lenses are also call negative or diverging lens.

Answered by  | 24th May, 2012, 10:55: AM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.