What should be the greatest size of measuring can if the milk in the two containers of 12 litres and 18 litres full of milk is exactly measured?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 13th Dec, 2013, 08:31: AM
The size of the Can cannot be greater than 12 lit or 18 lit hence it has to be the HCF of 12 and 18.
Since HCF is Product of the smallest power of each common factor in the numbers, HCF = 2 x 3 = 6.
Hence the size of the largest Can is 6 litres.
Answered by | 13th Dec, 2013, 10:31: AM
- after how many decimals places will the decimal expansion of the rational number 14587/250 terminate
- What is the characteristic properties of one ? What is the general form of q when decimal expansion of p/q is terminating ? What is the general form of q when decimal expansion of p/q is non-terminating &reccuring ? Write the steps to solve a quadrati equation by the method of completing the square. What is the formula to find LCM & HCF of p,q,r,when p,q,r are given.
- Write whether 301/16 * 875 iss terminating or non terminating decimal expansion. Also write its decimsl form
- The decimal expansion of the rational number 14587/1250 will terminate after how many decimal places ?
- write the number of zeroes in the end of a number whose prime factorization is 2x2x5x5x5x3x3x17
- why 1 is not consider as prime number.
- Find the hcf of smallest prime number and smallest composite number
- Using fundamental theorem of arithmetic find the hcf of 26 ,52 and 91
- Please solve this question
- Please solve the question
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number