What precautions should be taken while holding radioactive substances ?
Why copper cannot beused as a fuse wire ?
Asked by DILIP | 6th Feb, 2019, 07:19: PM
1.Radiation from radioactive substances like alpha, beta, gamma ray can damage human tissues as well can mutate human DNA. Alteration in tissue damage cause cancer like terminated illness . That's why precautions should be taken from radiation. These radiation is also known ionising radiation.
2.copper has melting point much more than Tin. So if a high amount of current will flow copper will not melt itself to break the circuit and this can damage electrical equipment. But if tin was used it will melt itself so that current in the circuit become zero and electrical equipment will remain safe.
Answered by Ankit K | 6th Feb, 2019, 10:31: PM
- Give at least two differences between chemical change and nuclear change
- Which of the following is unstable? Why? 1.neutron 2.proton 3.electron 4.alpha particle
- Which particles (alpha,beta or gamma)is concerned with carbon dating?
- Define radioactive decay [2 mark]
- Explain how beta particle are used to produce x rays.
- Explain carbon dating elaborately.Which particles are used for it?
- State whether(a) atomic number,and (b) mass number are conserved in a radioactive beta decay..
- An element S decays to R (A= 222, Z= 85) after emitting 2 alpha particles and 1 beta particle. Find the atomic numbes ans atomic mass of element S.
- What is the difference between alpha particles and Helium ion?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number