what metal excess defects? explain with example
Asked by Avadhut Katkar | 23rd Aug, 2018, 06:48: PM
1) Metal Excess:
This occurs in two ways,
A. By anion vacancies:
In this defect, a negative ion is missing from its lattice site, leaving behind a hole which is occupied by an electron and maintain the electrical balance.
The crystals with this type of effect act as a semiconductor as they contain some free electrons.
Answered by Varsha | 24th Aug, 2018, 01:55: PM
- Examine the given defective crystal : X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ X+ Y- O Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- Answer the following questions : (a) Is the above defect stoichiometric or non stoichiometric ? (b) Write the term used for this type of defect. (c) Why do silver halides show this type of defect ?
- what is domain in magnatic properties of solids ?
- What are crystal defects.
- Which of the following Frenkel defects or Schottky defects decreases the density of the solid.
- Magnetite is ferrimagnetic on heating what changes are expected.
- Explain dislocation.
- Name two point defects and explain them.
- With example explain F-center.
- Explain the following with suitable examples.(a)12-16 and 13-15 group compounds, (b) Ferromagmetic.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number