What is wood alcohol ? Why is it called so?
Asked by sunil2791 | 19th Jul, 2017, 07:26: PM
Methanol is called wood alcohol or wood spirit.
It is obtained from destructive distillation of wood.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 20th Jul, 2017, 10:28: AM
- Introduction of alcohols
- Please answer iupac names from structures..
- what if i have written bithinol instead of bithional?
- What is the common name of 3-Methylbutoxybenzene? Is it methyl isopropyl ether OR isopropyl ether and please explain that the words like n of n gently and i of iso are considered in alphabetic naming
- why C-O bond in phenols is larger than that of alcohols.
- How does decrease in surface area of branched alcohols decrease vander walls forces?
- What is alchol, phenol?
- Please explain the following
- Write the IUPAC name of the following:
- Draw the structure of hex-1-en-3-ol compound.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number