what is tuning fork
Asked by upmasoodpassi | 5th Apr, 2020, 11:09: AM
A tuning fork is an acoustic resonator which is in form of two pronged fork. The two prongs are in the form of U - shape and are made from an elastic metal like steel.
Tuning fork vibrates at constant pitch when it is striked against a rubber surface.
Click on the link given below for more information and diagramatic representation of how tuning fork works
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 5th Apr, 2020, 01:46: PM
- how does the sound propogate
- which quantity transferred through the medium during the propagation of sound waves?
- what is Sound?
- WHAT HAPPEN WHENTHE SPEED OF SOUND AND THE PRDUCER SAME
- Sound can travel in solid air and gas but can it travel in plasma and bose-einstein condensate?
- How is sound produced in the following things? The buzzing of mosquito The sound of drums The sound of guitar The sound of trumpet
- Can we hear the ringing of a mobile phone placed in a vacuum chamber?
- Sound of engine of a submarine would travel faster in water or in air?
- In a cricket match, the striking of the ball by player is seen before hearing the sound. Why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number