what is traeculae and also tell modification of trabeculae in sellaginella in detail
Asked by kaintkaku | 23rd Apr, 2018, 01:50: PM
Trabeculae is one of the projections from the cell wall which extend like a cross-bar across the cell cavity of ducts of some plants like moss and Selaginella. In Selaginella stem, trabeculae represent modified endodermal cells. These cells are highly elongated and span an air space which intervenes between the cortex and the stele.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 23rd Apr, 2018, 03:07: PM
- what is meant by haplonotic
- What is alternative of generation
- in kingdom plantae alternation of generation is not associated with a. lenght of diploid and haploid phases b. sporophytic and gametophytic stages c. no. of haplod and diploid phases d. free living or dependent nature of haploid and diploid phases
- Life cycel of Ectocarpus and Fucus respectively are 1) haplontic, diplontic 2) diplontic, haplodiplontic 3) haplodiplontic, diplontic 4) haplodiplontic, haplontic
- what are elaters and state their functions?
- Name the plant body which produces gametes by mitosis.
- Name the process by which haploid spores are produced by the sporophyte.
- Give any two examples of plants which exhibit a haplontic life cycle.
- Name the diploid phase in the plant with a haplontic life cycle.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number