What is thermal reaction?
Asked by Jitendra | 15th Apr, 2017, 07:14: PM
Decomposition of calcium carbonate to calcium oxide and carbon dioxide on heating is an important decomposition reaction used in various industries. Calcium oxide is called lime or quick lime. It has many uses – one is in the manufacture of cement. When a decomposition reaction is carried out by heating, it is called thermal decomposition or thermal reation.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 15th Apr, 2017, 11:33: PM
- 2g of ferrous sulphate crystals are heated in a dry boiling tube. (i) List any two observations. (ii) Name the type of chemical reaction taking place. (iii) ‘Write the chemical equation for the reaction.
- Colour of ferric oxide
- What is combination reaction?
- is burning of magnesium ribbion endothermic or exothermic and explain how
- Are the reactions in which bases are produced are always endothermic or exothermic ?
- . 2g of ferrous sulphate crystals are heated in a dry boiling tube. (i) List any two observations. (ii) Name the type of chemical reaction taking place. (iii) ‘Write the chemical equation for the reaction
- formula of calcium carbonate
- combination reaction
- Why water is added to CaO slowly? Why we do not mix whole CaO into the water bucket?
- What is electrolysis. Explain its procedure and usages.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number