What is the violet color due to, when sodium fusion extract is treated with sodium nitroprusside in the test for sulphur?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
On treating sodium fusion extract with sodium nitroprusside, appearance of a violet color due to formation of [Fe(CN)5NOS]4- indicates the presence of sulphur.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- What is Lassaigne's test?
- How will you test for phosphorus in an organic compound?
- What is lead-sulphide test for sulphur?
- When nitrogen and sulphur are both present in an organic compound, what is the test to perform?
- What is the Prussian blue color due to in the test for nitrogen?
- What are the methods to estimate nitrogen?
- How to detect halogen in an organic compound?
- How to detect percentage of oxygen in an organic compound?
- How to estimate sulphur in an organic compound?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number