what is the symbol for : absolute error
mean absolute error
mean absolute error
Asked by www.english | 7th Aug, 2014, 10:09: PM
Absolute error : Absolute error in the measurement of a physical quantity is the magnitude of the difference between the true value and the individual measured value of the quantity.If a quantity is measured n times.Let the measured values be a1, a2,a3......an.If am is the arithmetic mean of these value then the absolute errors in the individual measured values of the quantity can be written as :
The absolute errors may be positive in certain cases and negative in certain other cases.
Mean absolute error: It is the arithmetic mean of the magnitudes of absolute errors in all the measurements of the quantity(we ignore the sign of absolute errors) . It is represented by Δamean.
Relative error: The relative error of measurement is the ratio of mean absolute error to the mean value of the quantity measured.It is represented by δa.
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 8th Aug, 2014, 08:58: AM
- log (1.759÷0.236)
- f r of a wire is increased by 50 and potential difference decreased by 50% then find the percentage change in current
- define error
- The percentage errors in the measurement of mass and speed are 2% and 3% respectively. How much will be the maximum error in the estimate of kinetic energy obtained by measuring mass and speed?
- give classification of unit with example
- the error in the measurement of the side of a rectangle is 1% the error in the measurement of its area is
- star A is farther than star B. which star will have a large parallax angle
- How can we estimate the error in the combination of quanties
- find the percentage error in kinetic energy of a body having mass 60.0 plus minus 0.3 gram moving with a velocity 25.0 plus minus 0.1 CM
- how to mesurement leghnth
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number