What is the significance of negative sign in the expression of emf
where the symbols have their usual meaning.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 6th Jul, 2015, 04:46: PM
The negative sign signifies that the induced emf always opposes any change in the magnetic flux.
Answered by | 6th Jul, 2015, 06:46: PM
- explain Lenz's law considering a closed conducting coil and a bar magnet
- IF THE MAGNET IN FARADAY'S EXPERIMENT IS REPLACED BY A CURRENT CARRYING COIL, WILL THE GALVANOMETER SHOW ANY DELFECTION? WHY?
- State Faraday's laws of electromagnetic induction.
- What is the basic cause of induced emf?
- How does the motion of magnet in Faraday's experiment affect the induced emf?
- A coil made of copper wire of length l is kept stationary in the uniform magnetic field. How much is the emf induced in the coil?
- State Lenz's law.
- Show that Lenz’s law can be treated as a consequence of principle conservation of energy.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number