What is the relation between Refractive index and speed of light ?
State the relationship between wavelength of light and the size of the particle causing scattering?
Asked by satyaprakashnayak1999 | 28th Feb, 2015, 07:26: PM
Intensity of scattered light is proportional to the fourth power of the wavelength of the incident light, provided the diameter of the scattering particle are smaller than the wavelength of the incident light.
The scattered intensity is maximum for shorter wavelengths.
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 1st Mar, 2015, 11:08: AM
- define the term dispersion of white light. name the colour of light which bends the most.
- 1.A student observes below phenomenon in the lab as a white light passes through a prism. Among many other colors, he observed the position of two colors: red and violet. (A)What is the phenomenon called? (B)What is the reason for violet light to bent more than the red light? (Ref to: image 1) 2 points Add File
- explain. why angle of incidence= Angle of emergence ?
- Why light rays do not bend or refract when they meet the glass slab perpendicularly? (Pls ans theoratically and dont say it is bcs i is 0)
- please explain refraction through glass slab
- explain why pool of water apper to be less dept then its actually is with diagram
- sir. What happens when incident ray falls on the surface of a glass slab? what is angle of incident and angle of refraction? Draw the diagram in this case?
- what happens when a red light passes through a prism?
- what is angle of deviation?
- , glass prism is able to produce a spectrum when white light passes through it but a rectangular block of same transparent glass does not produce any spectrum why
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number