What is the real name of the flower volvulopsis nummularium and name the Specific agent of its pollination?Also give some examples of didynamous flowers.
Asked by anubhavsinha.2013 | 26th Jun, 2016, 07:41: PM
Botanical name: Volvulopsis nummularium
Common name: Roundleaf Bindweed
Agent of pollination: Snail
Didynamous flowers: In this case, the flower contains four stamens two of which are long and two short.
Examples: Lepechinia hastata (pakaha), Clerodendrum myricoides (blue glorybower), Vitex rotundifolia (beach vitex).
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 27th Jun, 2016, 10:53: AM
- Is Pansy a cross pollinated or self pollinated flower?Is Pansy cleistogamous or chasmogamous?
- Pollination & Fertilisation My doubt is that , ARE PARENTAL CHARACTERS PRESERVED IN CROSS-POLLINATION. Please let me know whenever possible .
- I didn't understand the concept of germination of pollen grains?
- Why honey bee attract by red colour
- Will the pollination occurs...if the anther of a plant is absent ....cuz if the pollen grains are received from another species flower
- Darker colours such as red appears black to bee. Why? 😯😯
- Why honey bee attract by colouring flowers
- During pollination which of the following brings genetically different types of pollen grains on to the stigma is
- Difference between cross pollination and xenogemy
- function of synergids
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number