what is the main product??
Asked by amitkumar.cis | 1st Jan, 2021, 09:15: PM
Addition of hydrogen halides: An alkene is converted to corresponding alkyl halide by reaction with hydrogen chloride, hydrogen bromide or hydrogen iodide
Propene yields two products; however,only one predominates according toMarkovnikov’s rule.
The rule states that,
“The addition of unsymmetrical reagents such as HX, H2O, HOX, etc. to unsymmetrical alkenes occurs in such a way that the negative part of the addendum (i.e., adding molecule) goes to that carbon atom of the double bond which carries lesser number of hydrogen atoms.”
Answered by Ramandeep | 1st Jan, 2021, 10:27: PM
- which of the following is most reactive towards sn2
- What is the correct option?
- What is sayteffzz rule with an example ?
- what happens when acetyl chloride is treated with excess of CH3MgI
- Outline the preparation of following compounds using a nucleophilic substitution reaction CH3CΞCCH2CH3
- mono clorination of cyclo hexane results in how many products 16 and 17 questions
- Toluen gives nitration reaction more easily than chlorobenzene
- Pl ans
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number