what is the isomer of ethanol???.....Why the isomer of compounds having parent name meth, eth and prop not possible???
Asked by shamim.ayanahmad | 15th Mar, 2018, 01:55: PM
The isomers of the first three members of alkane is not possible because:
The compounds with same molecular formula and different structural formula are called as isomers.
The parent carbon must contain most number of carbon atoms.
The branching can not be done from either first or last carbon.
Answered by Varsha | 15th Mar, 2018, 06:34: PM
- Write formula of propan-1-ol
- the acid which contain 4 hydrogen atom ?
- Acetic acid has 4 hydrogen atoms in its molecule but is a monobasic acid.Why?
- Please give the IUPAC name of this compound.
- what is ch3-co-ch3
- What will you observe when bromine is passed through a solution of ethane in carbon tertachloride?
- Ethyl Alcohol is oxidised on burning to Carbon dioxide and Water. Calculate the no. of moles of oxygen required to produce 2.8 litres of Carbon dioxide at S.T.P.
- How is the reaction of iodoethane and sodium hydroxide a hydrolysis reaction
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number